Saturday, December 28, 2013

Well...hello. It's been a few years. doh. I have had plenty I wanted to say, but never took the time to type it out. Recently, I've had a few things on my mind and don't believe that Facebook statuses should be used to express my long-winded (at times) views, opinions, etc. To me, that's what a blog is for. Lately many people have had their panties in a wad b/c of a Christian person on A&E being suspended for "anti-gay" remarks. Many people are saying it's an infringement on his religious beliefs, civil rights, etc. Now, I don't think many of them have actually read the article. I did and the man did not simply quote Scripture and explain his view from this. He was very crude in his explanation of why he didn't understand how another man's anus is more desirable than a vagina. Last time I checked, that isn't quoting Scripture and should have ANYTHING to do with explaining why a person believes homosexuality is a sin. Also, A&E had certain topics that were not to be discussed on the show as a part of his contract. The professional action he should've taken in the interview was to decline speaking of the topic, since he represents Jesus and also represents A&E. Also he had comments that expressed that he did not think the racial issues during the Civil Rights movement weren't that big of a deal to certain black people b/c they didn't express it to him. Sweet Jesus, I am tired of ignorant people being glorified and brought to celebrity status. Not all Christians believe that homosexuality is a black and white issue and is a sin. From my studying and what I find in Scripture is that lust seems to be at the root of what God doesn't like. So whether it is homosexual or heterosexual, and it is based in lust that is what I believe is to be the sin. I've read studies that support that there are developments in the brain that seem to have a connection to homosexuality. Who God has revealed Himself to be to me, doesn't seem to support that He hates gay people or that it's just a black and white issue. I think sexual immorality has changed throughout the ages. And I think what is hard to understand is often portrayed or cast as immoral, wrong, sinful. I also strongly believe that you should not hold non-Christians to Christian ideals. So even though I"m not a lesbian or have attraction to women, I strongly support gay rights and I love Jesus. I've been outside of Christian sub-culture for a while now...and I kinda like it. What I've learned from people who aren't Christians, is that they believe that Christians are hateful, unloving, unaccepting of those different than they are and close-minded. and I think that hurts the Father, Son and Holy Spirit because Christians should be the very opposite of those characteristics. I've kinda become one of those people that loves Jesus and can't stand most Christians and Christianity. And I realize I could be completely and totally wrong, but this is how the Spirit has guided me. Those are just some thoughts that have been rattling around in my mind and again I don't think Facebook is the plays to express such thoughts. grace, peace and love krysti

No comments: