Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just a little rant...

so the SEC championship game is over and Alabama totally dominated the game...definitely not what I expected however I am proud of my Alma Mater. They really played some of the best football I have ever seen. Now my heart is sad bc I love Tim Tebow. I hink he is one of the best athletes we have seen on the gridiron. so all that said this is what I cannot stand...when I get on facebook and see the idolatry of many of my friends concerning Alabama football and the lack of respect. I can't stand seeing status updates that degrade the football players or people. I don't like how others put down Tim Tebow...yes is he talked about highly and idolized by some...yes, however this has been done to many players, including some of Bama's. Now Tebow didn't play his best or to the ability we have seen bc Bama didn't let him, much like Auburn held Mark Ingram to very few yards last weekend.

I would never make fun of someone crying or be glad that they were bc they lost. where is the compassion? I admit that I hate Tennessee and LSU with something I know is not holy but I feel for those guys when they lose or you see that heartbreaking look of disappointment on their faces. They all work so hard. It frustrates and disappoints me when I see my brothers and sisters in Christ have such little regard for others over football. sometimes the things they say or write rather are about a brother in Christ.

I have said for years that I would never be an Alabama fan bc I can't stand Alabama fans bc of their arrogance....same reasons I don't like Tennessee, LSU or Texas and someone usually points out to me that Auburn fans are the same way but the arrogance is proven to me week after week in the fall via facebook statii. Now not all my Bama fan friends are like this but alot are.

This is a rant I have had brewing for quite sometime. this is not coming from a jealous and bitter auburn fan
bc I am neither of those. and I dont think this is coming from the fact that football isn't as enjoyable since my dad died. but just that Ephesians 4:29 has been on my heart alot recently. I do work in an environment that is negative (not towards me) and this is something I have been stressing to my boys but when I go to something that is supposed to be enjoyable and see those negative comments it just gets to me. and I am not the most competitive person in general so part of me doesn't get it.

I feel relieved having gotten that out.

grace peace and joy

No comments: