So I was inspired, after reading a friend's blog, to once again have my own blog. I decided to create one about 4 years ago when I moved to Dallas. I had no friends, a part time job and lots of time. And I secretly love to type. Yes, type, not write. Well that's not true. I like to write about myself and my thoughts, not so much the intellectual paper writing that I've spent the last 7 1/2 year engaging in.
Picking a blog title was kind of stressful. I mean you want something catchy and memorable but not long. Did I want something with my name or one of my many nicknames? Something psychology/counseling related? Something that has absolutely nothing to do with what this blog is for? Decisions, decisions. So my original idea was to use k-bomb-one of the many nicknames-but then I thought having something that dealt with bombs or violence might not be a wise idea. However, none of my other ideas were very good.
So I am in the process of moving. I finally finished seminary and have my master's degree in counseling. I never thought the day would come. But it did and was kind of anti-climatic. So then I began the search of finding a real grown-up job. That was not fun and quite frustrating. I've wanted to move to the Northwest for quite some time, however, the Lord in His infinite wisdom isn't sending me there. Instead I'm going to Memphis, Tennessee. That's right, friends, after 4 years of trying to get out of the south I'm still stuck here. I don't mean to be ungrateful or fail to see how the Lord is providing (Phil. 4:19), but I just don't get it. Okay okay, I'm just bummed that I didn't get what I want. And I know that's not how the Lord works. I guess maybe if I'd delighted in Him, He would give me the desires of my heart. So really I can't be mad at the Lord. I guess I just wish sometimes He was more like a genie in a bottle. Does that make me a horrible person? Probably. But at least I'm an honest horrible person. Anyways, so I"m moving which I am excited about and incredibly sad and still unsure of a few things-like how I"m going to pay for everything. I'm seriously considering just packing up my car and mailing the rest of it. I don't need a U-Haul b/c i don't have that much stuff. And I can't tow a trailer behind the 'stang. sigh. Being an adult is not always so fun.
Well this is long enough for my first post. Time to fold some clothes and go to bed!!
Grace peace and love
1 comment:
way to blog, K-dud...way to blog!!
can you baysit tomorrow? Oh yea, you moved to MEMPHIS and got a JOB.
we'll alwys have blogging:)
amy
Post a Comment